National Poetry Month  

Posted by Benjie in , ,

April has been designated as National Poetry Month. You may want to read some poetry with a friend or loved one, or write a haiku, sonnet, or ode. And now, before the month gets away from me, I thought I'd share something simple:

Prayer

Dear Lord, my God, I always pray
To keep Your precious will each day.

And when I can no longer stand
I pray You'll keep my in Your hand.

And when I can no longer hear

Your words, I pray, will bless my ear.


When, eyes grown dim, I see no more

May others see more of You in me than ever they have seen before.


And when my voice allows no speech

I ask that my actions souls will reach.


When finally I lay down and die

May people have seen more You than I.
--Benjamin Potter (July 3, 1983)

If you'd like, you can join in celebrating by posting a poem in the comments section, at your own blog, or just giving a poem to someone. (Be sure to tell them that it's National Poetry Month.)

This entry was posted on 21 April 2011 at 12:29 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment