Good-bye to Yet Another Hero/Mentor  

Posted by Benjie in , , ,

I learned this evening that another of my faith heroes has gone on to his reward. (http://www.baptiststandard.com/news/texas/15034-baptist-historian-and-professor-leon-mcbeth-dies)

One of the highlights of my seminary education was learning Christian and Baptist History under one who wrote the book (literally). Leon McBeth made studying the dusty old annals of Baptist History fun somehow. The year that his extensive The Baptist Heritage (which he lovingly referred to as "the doorstop") was published, was the year I had Baptist History. Delays in printing caused us to receive our copies of the book which was to be our text for the class six weeks into the semester. Undaunting, Dr. McBeth was kind enough to sign my copy anyway.

Yet another hero who will be missed (by me anyway).

This entry was posted on 03 May 2013 at 11:05 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment