Somebody's Getting It!  

Posted by Benjie in , ,

In this world of social networking, filled with misspellings (thank you text-messaging) and improper usage, I have constantly been annoyed by those on the WWW who just don't get the difference between 'than' and 'then.'

And then I see this interchange on Facebook by a couple of guys who DO get it:

My friend (in his "status"): "Wishing I could go fishing. I would rather fish than eat. And that's saying something."


His Friend (as a comment): "I would rather fish THEN eat."

I've underlined the words that so often offend, but in this case are used correctly.

Thanks to Randy Mullinax and Steve Hamrick via Facebook for diligently using their thans and thens correctly.

This entry was posted on 06 March 2013 at 3:30 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment