National Poetry Month  

Posted by Benjie in , , ,

April is national poetry month. So, I thought I'd dig into the old (really old) bag of tricks and regale you with some of my past attempts. I'm starting with the very early (very early) stuff, so don't be to harsh in your criticism.

Here is an example of some of the literary genius you will find at least on the first few days:

Big and fat!
Like a rat;
It's fun to guess!
Your [sic] the bes' 
A hog's right!

(age 8)

You will notice that at eight years old and in the third grade I didn't have enough understanding of contractions to know that there was a difference between "your" and "you're".

So, grab some of your third-grade poems and join me in the comments section to celebrate National Poetry Month!

This entry was posted on 01 April 2012 at 2:00 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment