Psalm 23  

Posted by Benjie in , , ,

I owe you two today, since I missed yesterday. So I thought I'd reach into the bag of greatest poetry ever to receive something. This poem/hymn/psalm was written centuries ago. I'm using the Authorized Version (aka KJV) because it is familiar and beautiful language. I have chosen this one because it is a well-known passage from the Bible and it is one that is often relegated only to our bereavement. We quote/read it at funerals and take great comfort in its words. However, I believe that it is more a song of LIFE than one of death. Enjoy, and quote right along if you'd like:

 1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
 3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
 4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
 5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
 6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (KJV)

This entry was posted on 11 April 2012 at 12:56 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment