Word Police: Then There Was Than  

Posted by Benjie in ,


Time for a pet peeve brought on by excessive blogging. Whenever comparing things it is most appropriate to use the word "than."

Example: "I would rather take a walk than sit around surfing the 'net."

Increasingly, I find my friends and co-bloggers using the word "then" in place of the aforementioned "than."

For those who don't understand, the word "then" is used to show sequence--"I went for a walk then sat around surfing the 'net for an hour."

Please make a note, and make appropriate corrections.

Have a nice day.

This entry was posted on 21 June 2008 at 11:58 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 Reader Response(s)

You blog is better then mine.
:-)
I mean I like your blog better than mine. :-)
Great post Benjie!
I have been noticing it as well. Drives me crazy.

10:42 PM

Post a Comment