Fifteen Years of Thanksgiving  

Posted by Benjie in , ,

Thanksgiving has always been a favorite of mine. I remember the year that I noticed the retailers putting in their Christmas displays earlier and earlier (I think perhaps this year it was in late September or early October) and my only thought was, "We haven't even had Thanksgiving yet!"

So I've always had a tender spot for this particularly American celebration. (I know that Canada has a Thanksgiving Day, too; and that it's on a different day--so the third Thursday of November is American Thanksgiving.)

And so, it isn't just a coincidence that we chose to make Thanksgiving weekend the big time in our family history. And for the past 15 years I have had special reason for giving thanks. God's special gift to me came packaged in a beautiful, loving heartstring named Hannah.

Happy Fifteen my heart of hearts.

This entry was posted on 25 November 2015 at 5:52 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment