8-Up  

Posted by Benjie in , ,


I’ve been tagged by Charley to meme eight random thoughts about myself.

Here are the rules:

  1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
  2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.

  3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.

  4. Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Now for the 8:

  1. I took first year, second semester and second year, first semester Spanish in college as my language requirement. The rule was that I should take second year because of the two years I had in high school, but I couldn’t remember enough to fail the competency test properly.

  2. I learned all I know about The Hobbit from my brother and a couple of friends because I’d tried to read it about eight times never getting past chapter 3. (I’ve since slogged all the way through the book.)

  3. In high school I received the National Council of Teachers of English award in writing for my short story “Keep Your Feet on the Ground, Professor.”

  4. I started having children when most of my peers were preparing for grandkids.

  5. Floods in Brownwood, Texas and Louisiana, Missouri contributed to a slight phobia of that kind of natural disaster.

  6. My older brother and I once rode every roller coaster at the Six Flags park in Georgia.

  7. My favorite part of Sunbeams mission group when I was a preschooler was the graham crackers and kool-aid.

  8. I met my blushing bride at missionary orientation—she was going to Egypt, and I to Ukraine. We married eight months later.

And now for the cheat: I’m going to tag Hannah, Josh, Danny, and you if you’re reading this (that may get up to eight).

This entry was posted on 13 May 2007 at 8:32 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 Reader Response(s)

Anonymous  

You're on! I'm doing it now.

1:26 PM

OK... I'll post mine next week. is that alright?

Nice random tidbits... Did she go to Egypt or you to the Ukraine?

10:11 PM

Danny, Yes. After our orientation she went to Egypt, I to Ukraine. We "courted" via email, married in Nov. after meeting in March, and after 14 months of marriage returned to Ukraine together with our first child in tow.

10:35 PM

This was fun reading and I loved the photo at the top. By the way Charley had tagged me, too and my response is on my Fingerprints blog.

4:31 PM

Post a Comment