Seven Years is Copper  

Posted by Benjie in

Tomorrow the Blushing Bride and I will celebrate seven years of matrimony. Since it's a Sunday and Sundays are always hectic anyway, we left the kids with Hannah's Grandma (who's up from Kentucky) and went out to the Olive Garden. We decided to exchange our gifts for each other while we were out.

Now you must understand that we decided on our first anniversary to try and get a "traditional" gift each year as one of the presents we do for each other. First anniversary was easy--paper; we both are book addicts, so that's easy. On year 5 (wood) was fun, I got a wooden-cased clock and had a cabinet made in the shape of a wardrobe (in honor of her love for C.S. Lewis and all things Narnia). But seven is copper or wool. This year it was time to get creative. We were neither one really excited about wool, and I didn't really want to get Hannah a set of copper bottomed cook pans, we began searching several months ago. I also wanted to steer clear of copper tea kettles. Hannah has a great collection of tea kettles, but she already has two of the copper variety. So we both went shopping at the "antique" stores. Here's the results of our labors:



The one on the left is the one I bought for Hannah. The one on the right is Hannah's gift to me. The only difference is I got gyped out of a platter (Hannah got the better deal), or I got the better deal because I ended up with the one that has the platter included.

This entry was posted on 24 November 2007 at 3:15 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 Reader Response(s)

Happy Anniversary, and best wishes for 107 more.

4:10 PM

Thanks, Bill. We're looking forward to being as happy as you and Judy in the years to come. Again congrats to Angela.

4:32 PM

Yes, Happy Anniversary.
God bless you brother.
I hope you have a great one and I hope you have a bless week in the Lord Jesus Christ.

8:30 PM
Anonymous  

Congrats to you and your wife! I'm sure you're having a great time!

11:00 AM

Preacherman and Josh,

Thanks for your good wishes. Lord's blessing on you and your families.

12:16 PM

Belated Happy Anniversary!!!! And God bless you home and family!!!!

11:43 AM

Post a Comment