Countdown to Christmas - Day 11  

Posted by Benjie in , ,

Having sheet music is sometimes a horrible thing, and I have the sheet music to today's song. What makes it so horrible for me is that I wanted to find the artist that had the intro as well as the song, it gives the song character:

Over the ground lies a mantel of white
A heaven of diamonds shines down through the night
Two hearts are thrillin' in spite of the chill in the weather . . .

Here's my problem. The oldies section has a number of versions of the song (Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Doris Day, Aretha Franklin, Pat Boone), but all of them start after the intro. I did find a "newer" version by the Eurythmics (posted below) which includes the intro but changes the words in the second verse, I guess to remove the "violence" from the changed line.

Speaking of violence, my brother and I, in our teenage--more violent--years, parodied the song (changing the words) to say: "Later on, we'll perspire, as we sit in the fire." So, here is Annie Lennox and the Eurythmics version of "Winter Wonderland" (the changed line, by the way, is "until the other kiddies knock him down"):

This entry was posted on 11 December 2011 at 2:00 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment