Countdown to Christmas - Day 8  

Posted by Benjie in , , , ,

From the very first Christmas, Mary has been singing songs. Luke records the Magnificat for us:

46And Mary said,

   "My soul magnifies the Lord,
 47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.
   For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
49for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
   and holy is his name.
50And his mercy is for those who fear him
   from generation to generation.
51He has shown strength with his arm;
    he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts;
52he has brought down the mighty from their thrones
    and exalted those of humble estate;
53he has filled the hungry with good things,
   and the rich he has sent away empty.
54He has helped his servant Israel,
    in remembrance of his mercy,
55as he spoke to our fathers,
    to Abraham and to his offspring forever." (from Luke 2, ESV)

Today, I hope you enjoy this more modern version of Mary's Song "Breath of Heaven" sung by Amy Grant. Say what you will about the artist, I believe that this is one of the most moving Christmas songs available today.

This entry was posted on 08 December 2011 at 2:00 AM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment