A Bit of Leap Day Trivia (who knows if it's true)  

Posted by Benjie in ,



When I was in (what was it?) fifth grade I had a subscription to Dynamite magazine, a publication that had articles of high interest to, well, fifth-grade boys. It was filled with corny funny jokes, and stories about personalities that encouraged young boys to develop their reading skills. I learned about M*A*S*H, read interviews with Jimmy (J.J.) "Dyne-O-Mite" Walker, and settled in to a FAQ article on Superman.

That article is of great interest today because information in it divulged that one of the reasons that the man of steel didn't seem to age was that he was born on leap day causing the strange effect that he only aged one year for every four of the regular man--go Kryptonian. In honor of our beloved friend and reporter Clark Kent, and his ever-young alter ego, I say, "Happy Leap Day to us all!"

This entry was posted on 29 February 2008 at 5:43 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 Reader Response(s)

This makes me feel old. My kids subscribed to Dynamite.

9:27 AM

Go with the feeling. I'm old and I subscribed.

10:21 AM

Happy birthday Superman!

10:31 PM

Post a Comment