I Must Be Famous  

Posted by Benjie in , ,

On a lark, I thought I'd check out my status on Amazon.com. Here's the long story (scroll down for the funny part):


After my first two stories were published, Amazon had a program for self-publishers that allowed us to list on their site with no upfront cost. They just took their percentage off the top. So I listed both books. They liked them well enough to do a "look inside" rendition of Just a Simple Carpenter (the "green" book). It lasted a couple of years and I had some really mediocre sales on their site. Since then, they've changed the program (which I can't afford), and run out of the stock copies of the books they had.


They still have the cover-pictured listings as well as the look inside listing of the green book. Periodically I check how far down the ratings on Amazon I've moved.


So, today I just swung by and found out that one copy of the green book is available "used from $19.95". BTW, cover price for a brand new copy is ten dollars. Want to see the listing? Click here. I'll be interested to learn whether "FRUGALMEDIA01" makes a sale or not. I know I'm not famous. I also know there are well over 100 copies of the book available the cover price plus shipping (less shipping that frugalmedia01 is advertising for). I also assumed I was not dead (isn't that when an author's work skyrockets in worth?), at least I wasn't this morning when I checked. So, frugalmedia01 (I'd think "fraudumedia01" a more apt nickname), let me know if my work is really that good. Maybe you can send my fair cut of the proceeds on the thing as well.


Anyone else out there interested, let me know and you can get a greatly discounted copy of the story. In fact you can pick both up for less than frugalmedia01 fraudumedia01 wants for the one.

This entry was posted on 11 February 2008 at 12:21 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 Reader Response(s)

Anonymous  

Hey, it's been forever since I've posted, but I'm back and better than ever. Good to see you again. Take care!

4:46 PM

It must be cool to be famous!

11:39 PM

Post a Comment