Dedicated to You from Me (Day 3)  

Posted by Benjie in , , , ,

In the late 1970s and early '80s there were a host of songs from another host of different sources (in both the "Christian" and the not-so-Christian arenas) that made getting married all the rage. Why were so many people rushing to the altar? Because they had to have their favorite romantic song performed by their closest friend who thought they could sing it just like the artist while they wore a white wedding dress or a wide-lapeled, ruffle-shirted, butterfly-bowtied, velvet trimmed, baby blue tux with white shoes. Some of the songs were pretty good anyway. And for today's Valentine installment for my Blushing Bride I dedicate Lionel's offering to the milieu of honey-dripped songs that made their way to many altars with hopeful Brides and Bridegrooms. Truly --

Girl, tell me only this
That I'll have your heart for always
And you want me by your side
Whispering the words I'll always love you

Bridge:
And forever I will be your lover
And I know if you really care
I will always be there

Now I need to tell you this
There's no other love like your love
And I,as long as I live,
I'll give you all the joy
My heart and soul can give

Bridge:
Let me hold you
I need to have you near me
And I feel with you in my arms
This love will last forever

Chorus:
Because I'm truly
Truly in love with you girl
I'm truly head over heels with your love
I need you, and with your love I'm free
And truly,you know you're alright with me
And here he is to sing it for you:

This entry was posted on 08 February 2012 at 12:08 PM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment