Testing Out Logo Representations  

Posted by Benjie in ,


Ever since I came up with the idea of Loom & Wheel Publishing eight years ago, I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a simple representation of Loom & Wheel." Several things have kept me from that goal:
  • I don't have the kind of money to hire someone to conceptualize it for me.
  • I'm not a graphic artist--so anything I'd develop would be campy-looking.
  • I can't seem to get across the idea to friends. Most of them think in terms of a weaver's loom (good) and spinning wheel (not so good). The trouble is that both of these are part of the weaving industry when only one is supposed to be.
So, I'm starting to just try out some possibilities. Help me judge whether you think these might be marketable possibilities or not. This picture (and the one at the top of the righthand column) are the first jump out of the gate. What do you think? Any ideas?

This entry was posted on 09 April 2007 at 3:58 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 Reader Response(s)

Anonymous  

Actually, before I even read this post, I was looking at it, and I'm inpressed. Are you making a button?

1:37 PM

Haven't decided yet on the button -- I probably will when I settle in on a good logo.

1:55 PM

Post a Comment