I'd Be Mad if It Wasn't so Funny  

Posted by Benjie in ,

Not long ago, I received a poster inviting our church to attend a "Revival" meeting at another church of our denomination not too far from where we're located. I think that it's great for churches to have these extended meetings to help people build their fervor for their Lord, and to offer Christ to those who might come. I even support doing it in my own church and inviting other churches to participate if they so wish. But here's the middle of the poster:


Now, normally this would not be a problem, but the statement, "If you're hungering to hear God's Word preached," suggests that my church members don't get that on a regular basis. No wonder people outside the church culture see us as arrogant and hateful. We don't watch what we say even to one another!

This entry was posted on 14 April 2008 at 3:23 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 Reader Response(s)

Anonymous  

Hahaha, the sad thing is that I didn't get it at first

11:20 PM

That's what the explanations are for ;)

7:49 AM

Post a Comment