Shake, Shake, Shake  

Posted by Benjie in ,


I really had trouble with the headline for this post--"I'm All Shook Up", "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On", or what?

Anyway, we were awakened at around 4:30 this morning by tremors from an earthquake centered about 100 miles away. The latest has the level at a 5.2 on the Richter Scale. (Originally it was registered as 5.4). Plus we just felt an after shock as I got started with this post.

It is a weird feeling for this boy to feel the whole world shake literally. I think that the hardest part has been on the Blushing Bride. She had surgery to repair a torn ligament (or tendon) in her wrist just the other day, and is having difficulty getting comfortable at all. Her response to the tremor--"that's an earthquake. I hate that, I just got to sleep good." You can't hear it, but there is real anger in her voice.

(I captured the picture from KMOV.com, Mulberry is located just off the upper lefthand side of the map, south and west of Decatur.)

This entry was posted on 18 April 2008 at 10:13 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 Reader Response(s)

There was a quake in Texas a few days ago, a very rare event. Must be something going on under the surface these days.

2:30 PM
Anonymous  

I didn't hear a think about this til just now. Crazy, huh?

2:01 PM

Post a Comment