Traveling Man  

Posted by Benjie in , ,



This week I will be traveling, so posting will be sporadic at best. My blushing bride and I will be attending the Southern Baptist Convention in San Antonio, Texas. Several reasons we will be attending this year:



  • My parents can keep our older children.
  • The River Walk.
  • Time with my wife.
  • A chance to be informed about the convention of which our church is a part.
  • Authentic Tex-Mex (the best in the world).
  • Opportunities to see friends that I haven't heard from in years (literally).
  • IMB focus this year is on the former Soviet Union (our former digs).
I will not, however, be looking forward to political posturing, name-calling, and backbiting. I'm praying for a peaceful meeting that exemplifies the Christ that we say we serve.

I'll try to post along the way, but having had to leave a couple of days early (see previous post about Jeremy Wring) I haven't been able to prepare my thoughts for "convention" mode.

Y'all have fun now, Y' heah!

This entry was posted on 09 June 2007 at 2:00 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 Reader Response(s)

Hi! I saw that you left a comment on my Books Galore #8 Winners post, but I haven't received your mailing address. Could you please send it to me so I can forward it to the author. If you already sent it, please re-send, because for some reason, it never came through. Thanks so much!

callapidderdays AT gmail DOT com

7:55 AM
Anonymous  

I love S.A.! My wife & I spent our Anniversary down there. Stayed at the Watermark... it was great!

9:53 AM

Katrina, Thanks. I tried to send it before, but since we're traveling, it may have not gone through. I've sent again.

Josh, We love SA as well. The last time we really got to spend time here, my wife was expecting our first (five years old now). This time we left the 5 and 3 year olds with my folks, but the baby still won't give mommy up. We're having a great time--had Casa Rio for lunch (and won't have to eat again until tomorrow).

5:45 PM
Anonymous  

Lol! I hear that. Been to El Mercado yet?

2:43 PM

Hey guys! Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting with me at LifeWay. Sorry we couldn't visit more. I hope your time at the SBC is blessed and peaceful. Would you mind e-mailing me your mailing address.

3:47 PM

Post a Comment