Another Pioneer in Christian Music, Good-bye  

Posted by Benjie in ,


I just heard the news that Gospel Music icon Dottie Rambo died in a car wreck in southern Missouri yesterday. Dottie was one of the most prolific writers in the world of Christian/Gospel Music. Read the account here.

Our prayers go out to the family and those who knew Dottie.

Here are a few lines from one of her songs (I can still hear my mom singing this one in church):

Amazing Grace, shall always be my song of praise.
For it was grace that brought me liberty,
I do not know, just why He came to love me so.
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need.

I shall forever lift mine eyes to Calvary,
To view the cross, where Jesus died for me
How marvelous, His grace that caught my falling soul
He Looked beyond my fault and saw my need.


This entry was posted on 12 May 2008 at 2:28 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 Reader Response(s)

Very sorry to hear it. I love southern gospel, and the Rambos did some wonderful songs.

3:49 PM

And Dottie wrote most of them.

4:56 PM

Post a Comment