Down in My Heart to Stay  

Posted by Benjie

As children we learned a song in Sunday school, or Vacation Bible School, or even at home, that reminded us of our response to all things that come our way:

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, (Where?)
Down in my heart, (Where?)
Down in my heart.
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, (Where?)
Down in my heart to stay!

The second verse was one that I always liked to sing, because you could jump up and down at your seat imitating someone sitting on a tack.

This week we should remember that the children's song holds truth that is based in our biblical understanding of living the Christian life. We must be characterized by joy regardless of our circumstance. After all, the joy is down in our heart. It is down in our heart to stay. Because it is the joy of Jesus permeating our soul.

This entry was posted on 11 September 2006 at 9:54 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment