Open Prayer  

Posted by Benjie in , ,

Standing still upon a hill
I tried to find God's true will
I opened up, spilled out my heart.
I learned to sing "How Great Thou Art."
The stars shined grand
Work of God's hand
The sky, the sea, and even land.

As I turned 'round
New cause I found
God reached down and touched my life
I even felt Him lift my strife
He gave me strength to stand alone
I reached down, picked up a stone
I gave in and now I've grown

I sat down beneath a tree
As I thought, God spoke to me
He gave to me a new insight
He showed me more of my life's plight
He told me not to ever hate
He gave a key to a nw gate
To do His will, I cannot wait.
(1980)

This entry was posted on 22 April 2012 at 10:22 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment