Cards Make the Show  

Posted by Benjie

I've never been opposed to the Cardinals. Although I can't say that I never really was a great Cardinal fan either. I lived in Cardinal country before and learned all about the wonders of the Redbirds. I learned that many of the greats in baseball were on the St. Louis Roster.

I guess that the only time that I don't root for the Cardinals now is when they are up against the beloved Astros from my younger years. If you want to root for the underdog, it's always good to choose a team that manages to snatch defeat from the hands of victory on a regular basis.

Last year I was highly disappointed to watch the Astros melt down in the World Series on their first trip out. I have much higher hopes for the Cards this year. If their last series in the play-offs is any indicator, we should be in for a great Series this year: seven games, good to the last drop, hard-hitting, edge-of-your-seat baseball. The last game in New York kept us guessing until the very bottom of the ninth. Letting the tying run on base, with the go-ahead at bat makes for nail-biting baseball action. Then leaving them standing (including the batter) lets us really rejoice.

For you Tiger fans out there, sorry, but here's what I'd like to see: St. Louis takes it in the sixth game--even better, in the Seventh with two games going ino extra innings (preferably 5 and 7). What do you think? I really just want a good show.

Anyone interested should try to get a copy of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch from today (October 21, 2006), the cover wrap is great artwork.


This entry was posted on 21 October 2006 at 6:11 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment