Thanksvember: Day 26 - Hope  

Posted by Benjie in , , ,

(I thought that for the last few days of November this year, I'd do an Advent Preview. This is not to replace, but to augment, my annual Advent posting.)

Hope - that not yet but going to be - goes beyond the wishful thinking that usually enters the mind when we use the word "hope". For instance, consider the following statements:

"I hope you have a good day today."
"I hope the weather is nice this weekend."
"I hope I get a nice gift for Christmas."

This kind of hope is not only selfish in nature, it hides our eyes from real hope. Real hope is based in an unknown reality. And as such provides more than a positive desire. Real hope gives way to selfless thinking and help for others. I am thankful for real Hope that is found in Christ Jesus.

This entry was posted on 26 November 2012 at 6:18 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment