Thanksvember: Day 6 - Voting  

Posted by Benjie in , , , ,

First of all, I am thankful to our forefathers for setting up a government in which the people can decide by popular vote the direction of the country. And since Thanksgiving is about voicing our gratitude to God, I will go on record as saying that I am thankful that God planted me in this place (where I can exercise that right to vote).

I have said it before, so I will say it again: I will not foist my opinion upon you. I have one, and I will vote accordingly. What I will do is encourage you to do the same. After all, you have an opinion. And your opinion is important. And this important opinion will compel you to decide who you believe is best for a particular elected office or whether one should support a certain referendum on the ballot or not.

Therefore, I will vote today. And I encourage you, if you have not taken advantage of new "early" voting options, get to the polls before they close tonight.

I am thankful for my right to vote.

This entry was posted on 06 November 2012 at 6:15 AM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment