Thanksvember: Day 2 - Health  

Posted by Benjie in , ,

This may seem to be one of those givens, but lately in my role as a pastor I've been made increasingly aware of the blessing of health. These earthen temples that we walk around in wear out. And they are pretty fragile, so it's important to take care of them.

Even so, when we eat well, take at least a modicum of exercise, sleep some every day, and follow the good doctor's advice, we can still encounter sluggish moments. And these might even lead to more dire circumstances.

So, today, I'm thankful for my health. I'm thankful for nutrition and the advice of sound nutritionists. I'm thankful for the medicos who are charged with my health's welfare. I'm even thankful for the healthcare system (in whatever form it's taking these days) that keeps me running smoothly.

Like the old wag who looks at the obituaries each morning to see if he should get dressed and go to work (if his name's in the obits why bother), I'm just plain thankful for another day to get out of bed and make it to the kitchen for breakfast.

I am so thankful for my health.

This entry was posted on 02 November 2012 at 2:00 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment