Thanksvember Day 15  

Posted by Benjie in , ,

#15: I am thankful for music (again).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "I'm thankful for music." As I sat down to write this episode of my Thanksvember thankings, Puddin' N Pie is up in her room practicing the clarinet. I'm so proud of her I could burst--even when she makes the squeaky squawky noises of a learner. I just know she'll become a virtuoso one day--maybe even match Benny Goodman!

Anyway, music is a major part of my life--has been since I learned to sing "Jesus Loves Me," "Only a Boy Named David," and "Zaccheus Was a Wee Little Man" in Sunday school (that last one should be sung with an Irish accent since he was a 'wee little' man). Ever since I could for the motions to "Deep and Wide" and "Eensy Weensy Spider" music has made my day. Whether it be playing the radio, a CD/tape/LP/8-track, blaring out a number on the trombone, or banging out a ditty on the piano or guitar (notice the degeneration of expertise with each item on the list), I love music. I like to whistle, hum or sing along--even when I can't find the key.

So, I think it's worth two posts about music and I think we ought to let a little Elmo lead us:



La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la-----

Now aren't you thankful?

This entry was posted on 15 November 2011 at 2:00 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Reader Response(s)

Post a Comment